All You Need To Know About Genshin Impact Version 2.6 Update
Kamisato Ayato via Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact just released official patch notes for their new 2.6 update — Purple Garden Zephyr – as it releases worldwide throughout today.
Official patch notes have been released on the game The Hoyo Lab website while the game servers are under maintenance in preparation for the update. Players will receive 300 primogems and an additional 60 per hour when servers are offline.
Version 2.6 will introduce the highly anticipated new location – the Chasm, located next to Liyue. Along with the new location comes the release of Anemo Archon Venti’s third character repeat banner, alongside Genshin’s new character Kamisato Ayato.
Along with the new characters and location is the new main story quest for Archon – Requiem of the Resounding Depthsnew enemies and new artifacts.
Version 2.6 also brought tweaks and optimizations for existing content in-game. Most notable is a decrease in damage dealt by Geovishap Hatchlings when their tail sweep skill hits a character continuously. The tutorial icon will be displayed on the main interface for those below Adventure Rank 30. Additionally, the appearances of Rosaria, Jean, Amber, and Mona have been adjusted to their new alternate outfits.
Here are the patch notes for Genshin Impact update 2.6:
New area: “The Chasm”
The Chasm is an abandoned underground area located next to Liyue. Players who have reached Adventure Rank 28 and completed the Archon Quest “A New Star Approaches” and the World Quest “Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering” can enter the new location.
New character – Kamisato Ayato
Version 2.6 will also kick off the release of Genshin’s new five-star character, Kamistato Ayato. He will be a hydroelectric unit who wields a sword and is described as a “young but highly accomplished leader of the Kamisato clan of the Yashiro Commission”.
Version 2.6 will release the new domain – The Lost Valley. The Genshin patch notes describe the realm as ancient ritual ground that has now been abandoned.
“The ancient ritual sites were buried underground amidst a cataclysm that tore heaven and earth apart before being lifted up by the descent of an alien object, and finally uncovered by a destructive battle that resulted from ‘a betrayal. Nevertheless, those who once frequented this place are no more.
Along with new characters, new weapons and artifacts will be released. Haran Geppaku Futsu is a new five-star sword and its name comes from “the way it resembles violent and choppy waves”.
The game will also release two new Artifact sets – “Vermillion Hereafter” and “Echoes of an Offering”.
Hues of the Violet Garden is the new event that Genshin players can participate in for the chance to invite Genshin’s hydro character, Xingqiu, to your party.
During the event, players will be tasked with helping organize the Irodori Festival. The event will have four game modes that will be unlocked sequentially. Completing the event will reward players with Primogems, New Recipes, Furniture, Crown of Insight, Talent Level Materials, and invite Xingqiu.
Players must reach Adventure Rank 30 and complete all Inazuma Archon quests, as well as several different character story quests. However, players can start the event early if they haven’t completed the Kamisato Ayato, Raiden Shougun, and Sangonomiya Kokomi story quests.
New main story
Along with the new events, Archon Quest Chapter II: Act IV “Requiem of the Resonating Depths” and Kamisato Ayato’s story quest “Cypressus Custos Chapter: Act I – Falling Leaves of Firmiana” will be released.
There will also be over 15 new world quests, most of which will be related to The Chasm.
New locations mean new enemies to face. Version 2.6 will allow players to battle the Ruin Serpent, an ancient “oddly-shaped” autonomous machine located in the Chasm. Other new enemies that players might face in the new update are the Black Serpent Knight and the Floating Hydro Fungus.
Two new additions will be included in the Serenitea jar. The first is a new piece of furniture called “Leisure Device: Maximum Motivation”.
Players can also now obtain “Radiant Spincrystals” in Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma, allowing players to unlock corresponding realm music by using “Euphonium Unboun”. “Radiant Spincrystals” can also be purchased from the traveling teapot vendor after completing the required world quest in Inazuma.
The game will also have adjusted the music volume in the Serenitea pot.
Changes will be made to Spyral Abyss in version 2.6.
Floors 11-12 will have their monster list updated and Floor 11 will have its ley line troubles changed to “All characters in party gain 75% Anemo DMG bonus.”
When Spyral Abyss resets on April 1, Gladiator’s Finale and Wanderer’s Troupe artifact sets will be replaced with “Vermillion Hereafter” and “Echos of an Officer” on floors 9-12.
Version 2.6 also includes three new Moon Phase refreshes that improve character damage output. They are the following:
Phase I: Ice Moon Leaf
“After a character’s normal attack hits an opponent, that opponent will be afflicted with an end mark. After 10 seconds, that end mark will be removed, inflicting true DMG on that opponent. When the attack character hits an opponent with an endmark, the DMG inflicted by removing the endmark will be increased, this DMG can be increased 9 times.
Phase II: Snap-Rain Moon
“After a character’s normal attacks hit opponents, the damage dealt by that character’s normal attacks will increase by 12% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Each stack is calculated independently. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s.
Phase III: Iris Moon
“After a character’s normal attack inflicts DMG on an opponent, that opponent’s physical/elemental RES will decrease by 6% for 5s, matching the type of DMG inflicted. This can stack up to 7 times RES decreases of different types can co-exist, and their stacks and timers will be independent of each other.
- Three new recipes can be obtained – “Quiet Elegance”, “Katsu Sandwich”, and “Rainbow Aster”.
- New achievement categories for the player to obtain, as well as new ones for “Wonders of the World”.
- New player name cards
- Brightness adjustment settings are now available to configure in graphics settings
- Players can now purchase Sango Pearls, Unagi Meat, and two-star Lucky Dog Artifacts from a Ritou shop after completing the Raiden Shogun story quest “Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II” .
- Players can capture two new creatures – Lucklight Fly and Bluethunder Weasel
- A new harvestable resource has been added called “Starshroom”
- The Adventure Handbook: Bosses will have a redirect link for some development items in the future. This also includes items dropped by the Floating Hydro Fungus.
- Mobile players will have a shortcut to open the party setup screen.
- New loading screen prompts
- New loot drops from “Abyss Heralds” and “Abyss Lectors”: “Gloomy Statuette“, “Dark Statuette” and “Deathly Statuette”.
Adjustments & Optimizations
- Reduces the DMG done by “Geovishap Hatchlings” when their tail sweep skill hits a character continuously.
- Optimized the appearance of the “Primo Geovishap” in the “Living Things” section of the Archive.
- Optimizes Ornament Fish icon.
- Optimizes the UI layout and text of content that has not yet been unlocked in Hangout events.
- Below Adventure Rank 30, the “Tutorials” icon will be permanently displayed on the main interface.
- Added “Recently Unlocked” to “Tutorials”. Five newly unlocked tutorials will be stored for easy access.
- “Tutorials” will save the position where you last read. If there is no unread tutorial, the last read tutorial will be selected.
- Adjust the position of the Tutorials button in “Living things”.
- Optimized the sorting logic for Weapon Enhancement Materials and Artifact Enhancement Materials: these two materials are always placed at the bottom of their respective categories, but their internal sorting will be affected when sorting by quality.
- Optimized Japanese, Korean, and English voiceover for certain characters and quests.
- Adds Alternate Outfits voice lines for characters Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona; Travelers can change outfits in “Character > Outfit” to play the relevant voice lines.
- The text of the “Quit Download” button in the login screen has been changed to “Stop Downloading” and the text description of the associated function has been optimized.
- For animation cutscenes in 2.6 and earlier, the appearances of Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona have been adjusted to alternate outfits.
- Optimized the effects of the cutscene animation in the Archon quest “A Long Shot”.
- Optimized some Kaeya character display animation details in the Character > Weapon interface.
- Batch optimizes the logic related to the enemy guidance function for 15 characters and 4 large enemies: Golden Wolflord, Stormterror, Ruin Serpent, (new enemy in version 2.6) and Bathysmal Vishap Herd.
- After the Spiral Abyss reset on April 1, “Gladiator’s Finale” and “Wanderer’s Troupe” artifact set rewards in “Domain Reliquary: Tier I” and “Domain Reliquary: Tier II” for floors 9-12 will be replaced by “Vermillion Hereafter” and “Echoes of an Offering”.
- Optimized controller sensitivity in the Hangout Events interface.
- Optimizes the display of certain messages on the interface when using a controller: hides messages that are not part of the current operating interface.
- When using a controller, you can quickly activate certain Hot Wheel functions by pressing key combinations.
- Adjusts the height of the central scene disc in certain areas.
- Adjusted the text description of the “Liyue: Stoneport and Contracts” achievement category. Progress in exploring The Chasm area of Liyue will be counted separately in the “Chasmlighter” achievement category.
genshinot Impact’The version 2.6 update is now available on all major platforms.