Design Recipes: 10 accent items to enhance your decor | Lifestyles
From flowers to figurines and bowls to books, there are so many different ways to add and incorporate accents into a space. Although you have a number of traditional choices, there are a few unusual ones that might surprise you.
Here are some interesting accent items to consider:
1. Figures: Where you might place a small or large vase, consider using a ceramic piece instead.
2. Jewelry and World Coins: Jewelry might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of an accent. However, jewelry can help add an interesting overall element to a space.
3. Create a showcase for a few key accents: Whether it’s a bookcase or a shelf, look for interesting ways to display accents and accessories.
4. Thumbnails: Thumbnails provide a great opportunity for accents, grouping them together in interesting and dynamic ways.
5. Texture and color: Accents provide the ability to infuse both texture and color into a space.
6. Books: Coffee table books can be used and displayed in a variety of ways to help accessorize.
7. Organic elements: Wood and wooden elements can provide the opportunity to bring overall elements into a space.
8. Metallics: Introducing metals can help bring gold and silver to certain spaces where you are looking to bring a sense of contrast.
9. Wall hangings and artwork alternatives: Wall hangings and mixed media can add a touch of wow factor to a space.
10. Greenery: Greenery can provide the perfect splash of color or accent in a space.
You can achieve this with real or artificial greenery.
New York-based Cathy Hobbs is an Emmy Award-winning television host and nationally acclaimed interior design and home staging expert with offices in New York, Boston and Washington, D.C. [email protected] or visit his website at cathyhobbs.com.
Copyright 2022 Tribune Content Agency.